Saturday, December 31, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 TO ALL OF YOU... JOEL, REBEKAH, LOGAN, SARA, KYLE, GAVIN, ANDREW, THE DOGS, THE CAT, JOHN, LYNN, WILLIAM, KATE, ANNE MARIE, MATT, TANYA, MADELYNNE, JACKSON, SNOOCKLEFRITZ, ADAM, AMY, NATE, ELI, CECILY, ELIA, EMILY, TY, ISAAC, SADIE ROWE, THE SPIRITS OF WINSTON, TESS, AND NEHOR (and the squirrel iinn Adam's pear tree...)

Just so you know, we will be another year older before you! (I am sure a whole years worth wiser, too!

We will be partying big time...in our apartment, with no shrimp dip, watching Aljazeera, playing "Go Fish" with Dad.

But, we will be thinking of all of you, probably doing about the same thing we are, since all of you are such party animals! But mostly we'll be thinking about all the experiences of the past year...some joyful and exciting and some painful and sad... and yet knowing that this new year will bring more blessings unnumbered (it always does - even when we don't yet recognize them), and more experiences that will help us grow. The other day Dad pulled up some pictures that included some from my PA. kitchen, some of Tess, and some of the deck at home. I was surprised by them. I had forgotten what they looked like. And I realized then, that it certainly isn't the "things" I have that are important to me. It is by far all of you, and our relationships one to another. It is knowing that each of us have a relationship with our Heavenly Father that is sound. You are all, every single one of you, more important to me than any earthly possession. I love every daughter and son, whether born to me or brought to me, with all the different personalities that color our family that have helped me grow and learn. We are humbled by our amazing grandchildren. You are all doing a tremendous job teaching them to be good people. They are a great blessing to us.

We are an amazing family, despite some unusual quirks, ( I would list them but I have to be somewhere in an hour).

We should gladly celebrate our differences, and compliment our ability to get along. I hope I will think about this, and try to see our family as Heavenly Father sees us. I do love you all so very much, each one. I hope this 2012 will be a good year, and that we will recognize each blessing and be grateful.

Please, take care of each other,

Mothermelly (and Dad)

No comments:

Post a Comment